The Gays caused Harvey, not global warming. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gays caused Harvey, not global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Middleman View Post
    I know. HAD. You're missing my sarcastic point. If god is PO'd about that, then why did he screw up the whole southeast Texas/Gulf coast Region? Including the lives and property of millions of "good, conservative Christian people". And why did he wait until after she was no longer mayor? It's asinine. And simple minded. In other words, about on par with these evangelicals.
    I suspect god doesn't give a furry crack of a rat's behind who anyone loves, but I'm not a "christian" preacher. I got the joke, and it was funny - sorry, I should have acknowledged it. Typing with my big thumbs on a tiny screen is unnatural.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

Default Horses asses

Quote Originally Posted by Middleman View Post
    I know. HAD. You're missing my sarcastic point. If god is PO'd about that, then why did he screw up the whole southeast Texas/Gulf coast Region? Including the lives and property of millions of "good, conservative Christian people". And why did he wait until after she was no longer mayor? It's asinine. And simple minded. In other words, about on par with these evangelicals.
    As me dear old Dad used to question: "Why are there so many more horses asses then horses?"
    'Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.' John Lennon

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Reading everyone's comments continues to validate my belief that all the insane crapola that is being spewed comes from those voters of the same cloth as 45. The religious fanatics, are those that never have or are now not able to discern and filter the information they are being fed. The hateful rhetoric is coming from all directions and with great force.
    This is an very well thought out and researched piece that nutshells the whole alternative conservative christian pro-evangelical bible thumping white hooded hitler youthish (and on and on) rush toward every reason on which our country was not founded.
    I found it difficult to pick out just one outstanding representative paragraph to copy as an example, but here goes:
    That’s why white evangelicals were the key to Trump’s victory—they provided the numbers that the alt-right lacks. Steve Bannon, Trump’s most influential strategist, knows that the nationalist coalition alone isn’t big enough “to ever compete against the progressive left”—which is why he made a point of winning over the religious right. If conservative Catholics and evangelicals “just want to focus on reading the Bible and being good Christians,” Bannon told me last July, “there’s no chance we could ever get this country back on track again.” The alt-right supplied Trump with his agenda; the Christian right supplied him with his votes.
    That last sentence is an especially focused thought about what has and is continuing to happen.

For the full, informative read please see: https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...eligious-right

.....I realize that I'm a bit off topic from the original thought that LW opened with, but it all does weave into the same cloth according to my thinking from a teeny tiny widdle biddy bwain. Besides that, I really don't know nothin'. Everything is a guessing game. Well, except what Rachel Maddow weaved together on her presentations last night. I sure would like to know what the Captain's thoughts would be on all of this. I pretty well know, but it was always so cool to read him fresh.
    Last edited by DaBee; 09-08-2017 at 05:56 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBee View Post
    Reading everyone's comments continues to validate my belief that all the insane crapola that is being spewed comes from those voters of the same cloth as 45. The religious fanatics, are those that never have or are now not able to discern and filter the information they are being fed. The hateful rhetoric is coming from all directions and with great force. For the full, informative read please see: https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...eligious-right
    That article is great, thanks for posting it. Some of the lines that struck home for me most were:
    Evangelicals have traded Ronald Reagan’s gospel-inspired depiction of America as a “shining city on a hill” for Trump’s dark vision of “American carnage.” And in doing so, they have returned the religious right to its own origins—as a movement founded to maintain the South’s segregationist “way of life.”
    “The overwhelming support for Trump heralds the religious right coming full circle to embrace its roots in racism,” says Randall Balmer, a historian of American religion at Dartmouth College. “The breakthrough of the 2016 election lies in the fact that the religious right, in its support for a thrice-married, self-confessed sexual predator, finally dispensed with the fiction that it was concerned about abortion or ‘family values.’ ”
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

I wonder what's next on the gay agenda. Nuclear war? I never knew the LGBTs were so powerful!

for those of you who aren't familiar with east texas, the stores there sell a whole bunch of white sheets. they are use on days that are not Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by relmiss View Post
    for those of you who aren't familiar with east texas, the stores there sell a whole bunch of white sheets. they are use on days that are not Sunday.
    Very familiar with East Texas. When I owned a business in New Boston, I was approached directly by the KKK because I corrected an employee when she called out loudly to a black customer using the "n" word. Word got around that little town quite rapidly.
    Also, I raised my son in Canton and definitely knew the mind-set of those around me, always diligent in countering the onslaught of rednekkidness that he was exposed to in public school. Nothing has changed with the following generations of the founding fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Perspicacious View Post
    I wonder what's next on the gay agenda. Nuclear war? I never knew the LGBTs were so powerful!
    Had we the power, who would we smite?

I imagine everyone on this thread has the same orange target in mind.

I'm not a smiter, but it could happen in my dreams