This is just trashy and in bad taste... I'm embarrassed now to iinvite friends here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is just trashy and in bad taste... I'm embarrassed now to iinvite friends here.

Default This is just trashy and in bad taste... I'm embarrassed now to iinvite friends here.

I used to think of Eureka Springs as this wonderfully creative and incredible place -- In a class by itself. But I'm thinking that's going to be -- if isn't already -- a thing of the past.

Some of you have probably already seen this, but there is an ad in the Carroll County News this week under, "Help Wanted," for the Cathouse. The ad reads:

Experienced Cooks, Servers & Bartenders wanted!
    Bikini Bike Wash Girls!

I wasn't aware this was going on.

It makes me sad about what's happening to the character of this unique and beautiful little town.
    The Cathouse has officially gone low-class, low-rent, and shabby...... "Gee -- What a great "family activity!" ..... (What are those people over there thinking?! )

If we haven't already become known as a drinking, drunken, carousing, "biker town" -- this should do it.

(btw I'm so not a prude, and, this has nothing to do with prudishness: It has to do with sensitivity, quality, grace, and some modicum of sophistication and taste.)
    mm

It's called "The Cat House Lounge"
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

LOL! Thanks for the laugh this morning.

From the top down the Gate Way has changed.
    In this case to a biker bar welcome.
    It is as it is.
    shuggie

Quote Originally Posted by shuggie View Post
    From the top down the Gate Way has changed.
    In this case to a biker bar welcome.
    It is as it is.
    Eureka Springs has a history of, Hmmmm, shall we just say, a checkered past.
    ;-)
    "Ride On"

There have been male strippers all over town, including at the Aud, and drag shows downtown, and a swingers club on the highway. Where was this righteous indignation when the guys were taking it off at the Aud?

Not everything is "family friendly", nor should it. An ad asking for bikini bike washers is not even close to the most risqué things that go on in this town. I have no desire to attend a bikini bike wash, but it is hardly the least "family friendly" thing I have seen.

But those things are not going on out on the street for all the world to see.

..And Kendra, it's not righteous indignation on my part... for me it's just plain low-rent tacky. (The family thing I threw in there for the folks who might need that rationale to find it objectionable.)
    mm

Suburban Eureka Springs, very near paradise

"Tackiness" is in the eye of the beholder, or in this case the "judgemental one"...
    "I'll tell you this...No eternal reward will forgive us now For wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

Sex is highly over rate but easy cash for a city hell bent of serving the CAPC and any lowest denominator which would be frowned upon in our 'guests' home town.
    But it seems that is the best they can do.
    However, we are still stuck with seasonal traffic.
    shuggie

Speaking of seasonal traffic. Something's gotta be done about the trams up on loop.

What right does a privately owned(yet city-funded) company have to impede traffic?

Talk about time standing still. Worse than the trolleys and dollar general, combined.