McGregor Vs. Mayweather Fight
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McGregor Vs. Mayweather Fight

Default McGregor Vs. Mayweather Fight

I realize this sort of classifies me as a knuckle-dragging neanderthal, but I was wondering if any local bars/households are purchasing the televised boxing match between Conor Mcgregor and Floyd Mayweather on August 26. At around $90 pay-per-view I would not be interested in paying that myself, but if there is a group of people or a bar buying in I would pay to see it. I'm not totally ashamed of my attraction to violent sport honed by millions of years of evolution! Plus my dad was a boxer so I grew up around this stuff.

Thanks!

Chris (chrisdiablomusic@gmail.com)

There is a little "Pugilism" in all of us.
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you think I give a shit about your feelings.

There are two winners here. Mayweather and McGregor. There are millions of losers. Unless they get the Pacquiao/Horn (who?) judges and fight in Ireland, neither of which will happen, it's a farce. Mayweather get's his money with little or no risk and McGregor gets the biggest payday he will ever get in his life for chasing and whiffing. When Ali hyped a fight he delivered a fight. It's all hype, no fight and all flight from Mayweather to the bank. Great gig as long as people pay. Buying this fight is God's way of telling you you have too much money.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    There are two winners here. Mayweather and McGregor. There are millions of losers. Unless they get the Pacquiao/Horn (who?) judges and fight in Ireland, neither of which will happen, it's a farce. Mayweather get's his money with little or no risk and McGregor gets the biggest payday he will ever get in his life for chasing and whiffing. When Ali hyped a fight he delivered a fight. It's all hype, no fight and all flight from Mayweather to the bank. Great gig as long as people pay. Buying this fight is God's way of telling you you have too much money.
    You are 110% right but I'd still plop down 10 bucks to see it. Yeah... at least Ali delivered on the hype, but he was a one in a million. Can't go back in time so I'll take what they're offering!

I doubt Mayweather would agree to it, but first they should have a boxing match and then have a MMA fight. I think I know who would win which one.

With the big egos and big mouths of these two fighters you know the promoters are loving all the bravado being displayed, with many, many millions of dollars waiting in the wings.

there was only one, true heavyweight boxing champ, ever, iron mike tyson.

he never had to wait and see how some shady judges scored his bouts, cuz he literally knocked his opponent into next week or beyond. . .

only time i've ever seen true fear on boxers' faces.

Too bad he is also a convicted rapist and registered sex offender.
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you think I give a shit about your feelings.

And a cheater...biting off his opponents ear. Is there a bigger POS
    human being other than Tyson?

Quote Originally Posted by irondragon View Post

yes too bad. he was the fastest, strongest, mentally toughest and hardest puncher the sport'd ever seen. had he kept his shizzle together, no tellin how many titles he woulda won. . .

And a cheater...biting off his opponents ear. Is there a bigger POS
    human being other than Tyson?
    yes, plenty. donald trump comes to mind.