McGregor Vs. Mayweather Fight - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McGregor Vs. Mayweather Fight

Total agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by yallare2funny View Post
    yes, plenty. donald trump comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeSilverback View Post
    And a cheater...biting off his opponents ear. Is there a bigger POS
    human being other than Tyson?
    You know... I was living in Columbia, Missouri when the Tyson vs. Holyfield fight happened. You made me laugh because I did the same thing I did here.. inquired about where to see the fight. Had to do it over the phone because the internet was still young. Me and a friend ended up in a bar in the "black part" of town. We didn't realize it until we noticed we were the only white people in the house. We were a little nervous but everyone was so welcoming... it was great. People from different cultural backgrounds have different ways of viewing things and it was hilarious when Tyson bit Evander's ear off.. I mean that physical act wasn't funny but the patrons of the bar were pretty demonstrative over the display... "Did you see that!! He bit his ear off!!" It was a crazy scene. And then I heard some guy defend Tyson by saying "Mike's gotta feed his kids!" I was grateful to be in a different world than I'm normally in and experience that in that context. Maybe I can find an Irish pub and witness their reaction to Conor biting Floyd's nose off or something. I think he'll just be happy settling for an ungodly amount of loot, but I hope they at least make it interesting. I gotta add that I don't agree that Tyson is a POS. The way he kind of pulled himself together and revealed a whole other side of himself, later in life, makes me respect him a lot. But he definitely had a POS period in his life like many of us.
    Last edited by Chris Diablo; 07-15-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    Chris Diablo

nativamerika@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Diablo View Post
    I gotta add that I don't agree that Tyson is a POS. The way he kind of pulled himself together and revealed a whole other side of himself, later in life, makes me respect him a lot. But he definitely had a POS period in his life like many of us.
    this quote is key, chris.

i guess - let he/she, who is without sin, throw the 1st punch - is pc in 2017.

They're still doing boxing? Beat your opponent until he suffers brain damage. Nice sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Southwindcome View Post
    They're still doing boxing? Beat your opponent until he suffers brain damage. Nice sport.
    Yeah... I would never recommend anyone engage in it, especially after what we've learned in recent years about brain trauma, but that's what personal choice is all about. A lot of sport is really just simulated warfare, IMO. We have a long sordid history, as humans, of fighting and f**king. I'm not here to argue that fighting is a good thing. It just is what it is. A part of who we are as humanity. I'm actually a real peacenik and do what I can to work against actual war, but sport can be a relatively safe way to address the violent instincts that have resulted from eons of evolution. It's kind of how I feel about repressed sexuality. If not addressed in a healthy way shit gets weird. We need outlets for the primal parts of us. I'm just glad that it's mostly hype these days and these two guys don't actually want to kill one another. I grew up watching boxing with my father and I just have to admit that I still enjoy watching two athletes, at the top of their game, going to "war". I don't want anyone to get hurt but I also let my children ride bicycles without helmets when they were young. Different stroke for different folks, I guess.
    Chris Diablo

nativamerika@yahoo.com