For all you Butler Hollow area people... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all you Butler Hollow area people...

Quote Originally Posted by liquidwindows View Post
    I hadn't heard about this either. Debbie did the right thing.
    Honestly, that doesn't sound like something for which the venue can be blamed. The venue charges a pretty penny for tickets - that discourages riff-raff most of the time. There are always a few bad apples.
    I've seen plenty of bad apples at riverview in the past unrelated to the venue. Actually, I just saw one yesterday while I was there. I highly doubt The Farm is to blame for such riff-raff.

The Farm brings in over 3,000+ tourists to our town for each festival with their goal of running 4 festivals a year. These tourist spend $150 per ticket just to camp out and listen to music, that is not counting anything they have to buy to prepare for their 4 day camping trip or the pre and after parties held at bars in our town. What other activity in our town brings that many non-motorcycle riding tourists to our area? Zip-lining? Notice a trend? Young people stuff.

Get off my lawn.
    It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I know some Darling Younger folk who just can't wait for The Spring Boogie.
    It is their low cost vacation and energy chargers and nerve did-charger.
    It is very Now with more Environmental cautions in mind than our old musical events in a natural setting or larger ones in stadiums.

Have a wonderful time Sweeties.
    shuggie

This issue has come to the attention of the Carroll County Quorum Court and may instigate a movement towards a County wide noise ordinance.
    http://eureka.news/qc-asked-to-address-festival-noise/

I don't like it so you can't do it.
    ****Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas! ****
    Arguing on Geekfest is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
    I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you think I give a shit about your feelings.

I know Melanie, Yahkie, Mary Howse and MANY other aware eureka youngsters were there for this Fest with babies, children and families ~~ they posted many pics on Face book and apparently had a fab time ~~ Minnie mouse check with them to see what is actually what ~~ camping and music festivals are my thing !! sincerely cHou

I can assure you that a county-wise noise ordinance is not on the table.

The citizens who attended the Quorum Court on Monday were not there to seek such an ordinance nor were they expressing any intent to do away with such events.

They brought a petition signed by area residents who were more bothered by the late hours of the music (3-4 am) than they were by the music itself. And the thought that they should go to a motel on these weekends, at the promoter's expense, was offensive.

So, let's not jump to conclusions that anyone is out to stifle this or like events.
    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King, Jr. "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." Desmond Tutu

So sorry, Lamont, it seems that once again the media reported it differently than it happened? "He asked the Court to consider a countywide noise ordinance..." I know I shouldn't believe everything I read.