This endangered tiny town is 3 miles from my home
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This endangered tiny town is 3 miles from my home

Default This endangered tiny town is 3 miles from my home

The decent feels gradual in my truck. I guess it's not. https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...-arkansas-town

Aren't some of those trucks carrying waste from Arkansas Nuclear 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Southwindcome View Post
    The decent feels gradual in my truck. I guess it's not. https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...-arkansas-town

According to this, they either wipe out north of town, or if they avoid that they "barrel through town", so it seems they are headed south.. towards the reactor, not away.

If they make it through here, I assume they continue on down through Oark.. and the road between Oark and I-40 is steep and curvy, with a couple of sharp switchbacks. A bad ride all the way.
    Marc Speer

I don't know about a reactor This is just a tiny rural town.

Default This endangered tiny town is 3 miles from my home

I don't know about a reactor This is just a tiny rural town.
    Someone asked if the trucks were carrying waste from Nuclear 1 (which I assume is the reactor near Russellville).

My response is that based on the article, it seems the problem is with truck headed south, towards Russellville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marc Speer

descent?

Quote Originally Posted by Another Texan View Post
    descent?
    My rule, Mary, is to not correct spelling and grammar unless the perpetrator has made 5 or more errors in one paragraph. It's worked well for me and permitted me to relax a little in this world.

Kim Yonkee is offline Ward? Don't you think you were a little bit hard on the Beaver?

GPS is not kind to northwest Arkansas. We used to get calls at Focker's, "Hi. I just passed the Rogers airport. I'm about 30 minutes out." Uh. No you're not. You've got about an hour and a half of white knuckle switchbacks. I can imagine that Capri Sun driver. Liquid is heavy; it pushes you about twice as fast as you want to go downhill. We got a full truckload of salvage Pepsi once. It took 11 sticky people a whole day to unload it when it came in tipped over, broken and spattered from one our gradual Ozark declines. BOB bless the truckers who haul things around here. I'm surprised they don't make us pick up our own stuff with mules.

Poor Ponca -- Bless their hearts and may the word get out amongst the truckers!
    mm

From the article - "a trucker under contract with Hawkeye crashed on the notorious stretch of road near Ponca while carrying 400,000 pounds of Capri Sun"
    Since that's about 5 times the legal weight limit, I'm not the least bit surprised.

In our confirmation letters, we always advise our guests to turn off their GPS and follow the written directions we send. Otherwise, they get taken down Mill Hollow, up Mountain, or some other less than desirable route.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert H. Humphrey