St Patrick's Parade - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St Patrick's Parade

If you read as much as you blew bull you would have seen I referenced both the colonial greed and genocide and the famine, neither of which can be denied. I believe your original comment was "there was no famine and no one escaped". Both bull shit. You've yet to provide a credible source only the ramblings of a potted plant. You go tell those "drunken sots" in New York and Boston that are recent and long time immigrants alike. They'll be highly impressed at how much more you know about their history than they and their Prime Minister do.

The Encyclopedia was an idiots guide to history for someone with no sources, to go with the other more nuanced sources provided to you, to flesh it out for you after you got the basics

You really think those "sots" and their Prime Minister know nothing of famine, genocide, exploitation and British greed? What the hell do you think they pass the hat for? At best you'll be told to fook off and skidded politely out the door on your nose and advised to carry your arse far away and quick.

You are a self named Silverback, I am quite sure they would quake and tremble when you told them they were a know nothing bunch of sots and there was no famine and no one escaped. My guess is you have never spent 5 minutes in one of those places and never made a peep if ever you accidently did. In a twist to an old song, since those seem to be your grasp on history, "You've Forgotten More Than You'll Ever Know about being Irish"

I'm done with ya.
    Last edited by akerue; 03-19-2017 at 05:12 PM.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

You provided the British sources for you famine story.
    And you are an ignorant ass. You ignore history at your
    own pleasure. It is assholes like you that pervert the
    history of my people.

My people lol, you are a fooking joke Francis.. no famine no escape. I notice you have no sources save Sinnead O'Connor (whom your own people don't respect), nor do you dare to say if ever you have spent five minutes with anyone who has spent their lifetime in the struggle. Tell me laddy, di ya sell goodies to fund the good fight or did you leave it to the sots to put their lives on the line?

Here you go lad, all from Irish diaries and information spanning decades about the famine.. what would they know compared to Francis O'Silverback?
    http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/SA...RISH/Irish.htm

Want conflicting opinions, Irish in origin?
    https://whistlinginthewind.org/2013/...mine-genocide/

Getting any smarter?
    http://www.salon.com/2012/08/19/the_...ne_a_genocide/

Let’s take a moment to reflect on what genocide actually means. According to the United Nations Genocide Convention:

“Any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Now, was there a blight? Yes. Was there starvation?Yes Did people escape? Yes. Was there genocide? Technically, no.. practically yes. The English colonial powers used "market forces" (sound familiar?) to sell other available foods to people with money elsewhere. The Irish stock in trade, the potato was worthless. Millions died and fled, people suffered and died while the British had token soup kitchens and allowed "the market" (they controlled) to decimate a population they considered too high. Ironically the population of Ireland today is roughly equivalent to pre-famine Ireland. Yes Francis, who knew Irish history was so complicated. A single book by Coogan parroted by Egan does not a complete history make.

Cold blooded neglect may not make the technical bar of genocide, but right now that very Mulvaney and his gleeful cuts to foreign aid to starving peoples ("It's not worth it") is the very same. It should make your Irish blood boil. As a self proclaimed member of a clan that prides itself in hitting a man when he's up, you should be proud when the Prime Minister is the only foreign leader to slap down Trump to his face amid the pockets full of shamrocks, green ties, and stale Guinness. You might also want to believe him when he says there was a famine, starvation and escape. Was there also cold blooded neglect? Indeed.

Drumpf is the original family name of Trump. They were deported from Bavaria to the US.

Directions

• Roast Opossum:.
    • The opossum is a very fat animal with a peculiarly flavored meat.
    • It is dressed much as one would dress a suckling pig, removing the entrails, and if desired, the head and tail.
    • After it is dressed, wash thoroughly inside and out with hot water.
    • Cover with cold water to which has been added 1 cup of salt.
    • Allow to stand overnight. In morning, drain off the salted water and rinse well with clear water.
    • Stuff opossum with opossum stuffing (stuffing recipes next); sew opening or fasten with skewers.
    • Place in roaster, add 2 tablespoons water and roast in moderate oven (350F) until tender and richly browned, about one and one half hours.
    • Baste every 15 minutes with drippings.
    • Remove skewers or stitches, and place on heated platter.
    • Skim fat from gravy remaining in pan.
    • Opossum Stuffing:.
    • Brown onion in fat.
    • Add finely chopped opossum liver and cook until liver is tender.
    • Add crumbs, a little red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt and water to moisten.

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain

You can't fix stupid, but they are useful tools. Convince them you value their ideas and they will hate whoever you say.

Serve on Oktoberfest with Schooners of Drumpf Draft.
    Last edited by akerue; 03-20-2017 at 08:17 PM.