Rachel Maddow has Agent Orange's Tax Retuens - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rachel Maddow has Agent Orange's Tax Retuens

I don't give a damn how about his tax returns other than the fact that he doesn't believe in the open book policy for the elected.

Now what would interest me, if I cared to spend any brain cells on it is the train of bank ruptures and the list of those he bilked to match Putin's gold plated Czar's left overs and we know Russian paid grandly for that guiding.
    However, why should I find those of intrigue anymore thought provoking than his supporters. Because their belief in him is based on the fact that he is Not a politician but a Business Man.
    (How the hell they ever placed so much trust in the Hoover salesmen types is beyond me.)
    In that no news issued by the press is to be trusted by them, even talking about the prick that got out of the condom is quite useless after the our public protections are as dead as him functioning in this country and others in name only.
    Additionally as he is only in D.C. on " Look I can kind'a sign my name' day.
    We are in a Loser's country now amigos. Our front man is a farter at best.
    shuggie

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Yonkee View Post
    Excellent point, mspeer, and nice logic. Either that... or maybe it was some administrative assistant temp at whichever bank is carrying Trump's loans these days. I don't know who that would be since most of the multi-national behemoths cut him off after his multiple bankruptcies.
    I don't think it's from a bank, for a couple of reasons.

First, unlike when you and I go to get a loan, banks loaning this kind of money want audited financial statements. That's why companies that are not publicly traded and so have no legal requirement to have audited financials still have them done.. to raise money. A tax return often doesn't reflect a company's actual financial condition unless you go through the exercise of reversing all the M's 1, 2 and 3 to get back to actual book income, and they don't include a statement of cash flows, so why even go through the exercise of asking for the return.

If you just want proof of filing, you can request a transcript from the IRS showing a summary of your filings for years past.

The second reason I don't think this was a bank is that it is Trump's tax return, not a 1065, 1120 or 1120s from any of his businesses. From what I can tell, based on what he says and what I read, Trump doesn't borrow money in his own name or provide personal guarantees. All his bankruptcies have been of business entities, not personal. So, even if a bank did ask for a tax return on a particular business loan, unless Trump was personally guaranteeing the loan, they likely wouldn't ask for any personal financial information. Not bank statements, and not tax returns.

I'm still of the opinion there are only three sources for this information.. the IRS, the CPA or Trump. I see this morning other people are getting to the same conclusion, including one time Trump non-enemy Joe Scarborough.
    Marc Speer

Likely from a lawsuit Trump filed against a NYT reporter in 2006 in which this exact year of returns were issued as evidence...

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Courtesy: Grand Central Publishing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.61e64bb42354
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

I'm reading quite a few news reports saying that state regulators required Trump to turn over tax returns at various points in time, so if that is correct there is at least one other source of returns, and I could see a state government employee not only wanting to expose a return but also not understanding tax returns well enough to know that the front two pages are nearly worthless in understanding his financial dealings. After all, their own tax returns may only be two pages long.

However, the same news reports state without reservation or explanation that Trump also gave his returns to banks that loaned him money... one said it is routine for banks to request both personal and business tax returns. I am still not in agreement with blanket statements like that for the banks (and banking syndicates) from whom he borrowed money. While it's true that if you borrow money as an individual, banks may ask for tax returns because there are no better documents available, but Trump undoubtedly had audited financial statements that are much better for the purposes of determining credit worthiness.

The state regulators that reportedly got his tax returns were state gaming commissions, from what I am reading. When I get a little free time, I am going to read up on the application processes in the states mentioned in those reports to see if 1. Tax returns are required, and 2. If the applications and supporting documents become public record. Maybe a FOIA request could pry some more detail loose.
    Marc Speer