"Trump will resign before being impeached the third week of March." - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Trump will resign before being impeached the third week of March."

Congress probably has enough, right now, to impeach him. I suspect they'll get around to it when keeping him in place starts to cost more than getting rid of him.

I don't talk politics with Trump fans, anymore. I salute anyone who can. I only know that I can't. The last time I tried, I was pretty sure if I'd snap if one more fact I'd pointed out was met with a condescending "It's not the end of the world" I got no sense that any fan I talked to was willing to rethink their decision to support him. In trying to persuade, I think I do more to entrench them.

Not engaging means I have no way of gauging what the typical fan makes of the daily revelations that Trump knows dangerously next to nothing about government, history, the world or the economy beyond his own debt driven, bankruptcy prone corner of it. I have no idea if they worry that his habit of reacting impulsively or embracing whatever the last thing he saw on tv or the internet can turn him into the tool of whoever can capture his attention. I don't know if or how they've reconciled cutting programs they depend on with spending hand over fist to indulge his personal life style preferences. Or are willing to decide for him to make the presidency is more important than his businesses.

Or if they're getting tired of him behaving like an entitled, arrogant, irresponsible middle schooler who's best skill is bullying doesn't work on lunatics. Or notice how often we've been lucky that somehow, someone has gotten to toddler Trump before he lit the matches, grabbed the knives, turned on the gas stove or stuck a screwdriver in a light socket. Or are figuring out that trusting luck isn't much of a long term plan.

I don't know if they're catching on that they weren't much more to him than the means to get what he wanted. Or that he appears to have no recollection of his campaign platform or the ability to fulfill it if he does. Or that they understand that not knowing how Russian manipulation of public opinion affected their votes is part of having done it successfully. I'm not even sure they know what "fake" means.

Until and unless opposition gets organized and gets it's feet under the table, I'd prefer he not go anywhere. He hasn't created a coalition of factions cohesive enough to get anything done that can't be undone. And he acts outrageously enough to be newsworthy. If we trade him for Pence, the GOP will have a president in place with a better chance of enacting it's agenda because he's better at finesse and avoiding publically embarrassing himself. At least for now I think it's better to have a spectacularly unfit president.

Trump can be blocked in court as long as he uses his favorite amateurs to craft his orders. The Freedom Caucus and the GOP need his record setting unfavorable ratings in their faces until they become a short and reliable leash firmly around their necks. In he meantime, a centrist opposition can be formed and emboldened. We can agitate for independent oversight until it's time to put Congress to the task of pursuing his financial connections to their logical conclusions. Nobody needs his fans acquiescence to charge him with a crime.
    "I am not crazy and this is not normal" - me

Michael Walsh! Michael Walsh! Michael Walsh! (it's worth a shot)

"For every difficult and complicated question there is an answer that is simple, easily understood and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Hate to say it, but many of these articles reek of fake news. And that doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
    Hate to say it, but many of these articles reek of fake news. And that doesn't help.
    You may well be correct.

As I continue to observe the Trump administration it makes me feel in some ways that I'm watching the movie "Being There" for the second time.

"A simple, sheltered gardener becomes an unlikely trusted advisor to a powerful businessman and an insider in Washington politics."
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078841/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

This is interesting to me anyway. I realize it may be simply fanciful.

"Trump has been left out of all relevant political and military correspondence from day one in the White House, and why he is sent to Mar-a-Largo each weekend.

Trump plays a public part during the week in order to keep his amnesty package.

Dunford is running the country militarily and Ryan politically behind the scenes.

No new Republic president will have superior military authority anymore, and this is why Trump is being allowed to look so foolish with regards to Syria and North Korea.

The Republic has fundamentally changed the Constitution to limit Presidential military authority.

Trump's tax returns being released later this month will lead to his impeachment call by Paul Ryan with Mike Pence's approval.

Trump will resign after the new budget is passed on April 28th and take all the deficit spending blame for Ryan."

https://inteldinarchronicles.blogspo...day-april.html

Wonder what they hear from the Titanic.

This is all too simple. ShitForBrains is Not about to beat, lower the price, nor change the natural resource which has its' originality beaten out of it, so you can have a strong but smooth wipe.
    A mandated 4 years of stress and worry will do you no good either.

I am concerned more with the decline of National Geographics into a Travel Journal all over the planet into the navel of anyone who desires tourist dollars to buy bottled water because of the Big Belly Guys world have been Damning all over hunting and farm lands.

But should you be intrigued and think of yack milk as a exotic must have in this life time, have at it.
    But if you choose to shoot one of the last polar bears isolated on top of a ice burg heading South......please neglect your need for sharing the pictorials of it with the public and just settle with a big white fir rug and a freezer full of bear roasts and enough fat to make your bald head shine like a beacon for ever. Because it is you we will have stuffed for postural.

Ladies let those nipples do the polka freely daily with Tazors for any interference of assault and just hope one extended hand of assault is ShitForBrains.
    You might hit the history books but it is unlikely because man hole history is a laxative of less than we.
    shuggie