por que?

Thread: por que?

Default por que?

sadly, this is the 1st gratitude post of 2017. betcha didn't thank i'd pen it, did you(know who you are)?

but why is this so?

trump?
    barnyard animals?(asian year of fire rooster) see above
    shitty council?
    capc?
    hdc?
    ingrateful?
    meanness?
    meth?
    2much internet?
    2much tv?
    apathy?
    2busy?
    terrorism?
    2tired?
    2drunk?
    2sober?
    shitty internet connection?
    shitty herb?
    southwindcome?
    max BOYdstun?
    shuggie?
    me?
    lady gaga's halftime performance at super bowl?
    gout?
    yeast infection?
    herpes?
    crabs?

regardless, i am grateful for many thangs, daily, particularly&foremost my partner fo life.

also, the hills&hollers of eureka, its true, fulltime residents and the invaluable humor, wisdom, &amazement we can count on them providing, everyday, everytime.

gracias, gracias, gracias. . .

Quote Originally Posted by yallare2funny View Post
    sadly, this is the 1st gratitude post of 2017. betcha didn't thank i'd pen it, did you(know who you are)?

but why is this so?

I'm glad for you that you have good things to be grateful for, and I think it's nice for you that you mentioned them here.

You wouldn't know what I'm grateful for if I have a different practice that includes thankfulness as part of a set of daily spiritual disciplines and apply the Matthew 6 rules.

Or maybe I'd worry that I'd devalue my own thankfulness by preambling it with the presumption that because others aren't making a public statement of their own, they aren't grateful. Or that including such presumptions in my discipline might stain the humility that generally results from practicing it. The kind of humility that can be satisfied that my own practices aren't the only way or even the best way.
    "I am not crazy and this is not normal" - me

Michael Walsh! Michael Walsh! Michael Walsh! (it's worth a shot)

"For every difficult and complicated question there is an answer that is simple, easily understood and wrong." H.L. Mencken