Jeff Jeans... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Jeans...

Jeff, if you get to meet President Obama, tell him we all said, "Hi."
    Last edited by Raven; 01-14-2017 at 06:42 AM.
    Stay woke.

Jeff was on MSNBC last night for a relatively lengthy interview re his town hall comments. He was genuine, humble, self effacing, relatable and extremely credible and self honesty was his callling card. Did I mention he did good?

He did not condemn anyone and even had kind words to say about Paul Ryan, their exchange and commitment to communicate further. In short, Republicans everywhere did not slam their ears shut ten seconds in. I am sure he gave all pause for thought.

I hope all the reasons for expanded coverage are considered including the load off of E.R.'s which drive up everyone's insurance costs (especially small rural hospitals) and good health or the care required in general should not be, as Jeff rightly put it, be a for profit industry.
    Last edited by akerue; 01-14-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Saw a clip of him being interviewed by Don Lemon of CNN, also. He's everywhere...
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

The Stone House at Oak Hill, not the bar.

Default Jeff Jeans...

Jeff was just featured on Seth Meyers - he's everywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lorri Anna Banana

Get Jeff on Colbert.

I'm going back to Washington! So many are counting on our activism. Lee and I will be meeting with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer tomorrow, amongst others. Thanks for all the kind words and support coming from Eureka! We LOVE you all!!!

Great, Jeff. Please let them know that my premium jumped from $268 a month in 2016 to $475 for 2017, and that I was not allowed to make more money last year than Obama allowed me to under my plan. I accidentally went over my limit, and so was penalized by paying higher taxes. I wish that I could decide what kind of coverage I want, and what deductibles I want. Maybe I'm selfish, but this is how it affected me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriBradt View Post
    Great, Jeff. Please let them know that my premium jumped from $268 a month in 2016 to $475 for 2017, and that I was not allowed to make more money last year than Obama allowed me to under my plan. I accidentally went over my limit, and so was penalized by paying higher taxes. I wish that I could decide what kind of coverage I want, and what deductibles I want. Maybe I'm selfish, but this is how it affected me personally.
    It's not perfect, but neither was Social Security or Medicare in their early stages. Arkansas didn't enact the law as it was written, and has had problems. Republicans have sabotaged the law, and are solely responsible for its current state. However, these are the direct culprits for it's current failures:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/10/u...-act.html?_r=0

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...123-story.html

For profit health care is wrong, and doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by TerriBradt View Post
    Terri, the plan has always been income based. The less you make the higher your subsidy. As your ability to pay and your income rise, so does your share of the premium. I have never accidentally made too much money. I have negotiated contracts for thousands of men and women and not once did we get a complaint about the increase in taxes that went with the wages. How many times were those taxes not increased enough? Every time and every one... only those at the table knew there was not a penny left on it.

Now, we did shelter as much of that money in retirement and insurance as we could, for more bang for the buck and what resulted are those "Cadillac insurance" and "fat pensions" that are now the target of the robber barons. What they are assaulting are wages earned and deferred to pay for those policies and pensions. I would love to hear your raucous complaints if something you had paid for for years and bought with decades of work was about to be stolen. Your complaint is that you exceeded your previous income benefit level and your matching funds dropped, putting your previous plan that you loved at a place you feel is out of reach. I know the system is not perfect but I wonder if the accidental income, if still in hand, would pay the difference. It is an annual plan that adjusts to income.

On the flip side I know people that received notices that they were being flipped from the plan they loved to Medicaid because of an accidental drop in income. They were freaking out and making calls and trying to remain at their expense on their old plan... until they found out their plan wasn't changing, their monthly fee was.

Call me crazy but I have witnessed human nature at work for decades. We fight desperately to claw our way from young and poor to comfortable, biting our cheeks at those that complain about taxes because they make so much more than us, to joining the chorus in a heartbeat if we succeed. The price of success is higher tax brackets (less so now than before for the very successful) and rising out of poverty means you are standing on your own. Sometimes you may wonder if it is worth it when you turn in the crutches. I have always said and will continue to say I hope my biggest complaint is too much tax, because that means I am making more money than I am now.

The one thing I did not hear was that you will have no health care, but rather that they jumped your obligation due to increased income. That's not a failure of the program, it's from day one... income up/ subsidy down, income down/subsidy up. The way the current butchers are talking you are a prime candidate to be left with no insurance at all to complain about. Let's hope you accidentally make a bundle in years to come, because your subsidy will be a capped tax credit.

Thank you Jeff Jeans!!! Keep up the good fight.
    Last edited by akerue; 03-16-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    "They tried to bury us, but did not know we were seeds." Mexican proverb

I never had health insurance until Obama forced me to. I paid the penalty for two years. I simply paid my bills, and was happy to do so, or applied for financial aid. I finally signed up in 2016, because the penalty for not having it became so high. 70 percent of my income is my Social Security income. Amazing that you can assume that I am rich. On the contrary. I had the opportunity to make more more money in 2016, but Obamacare did not allow me to. I think I would be better off just dropping my insurance, and paying the penalty. But in 2018 I will be on Medicare. Either way, I have worked and paid out of payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare all my life, and I feel that I getting screwed. Call me selfish, but you don't even know who I am.