Paw Paws are starting to ripen!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paw Paws are starting to ripen!

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Thumbs up Paw Paws are starting to ripen!

I knew that'd get your attention, island

I'll get over to Brushy Creek this coming week and get 'em spotted for the best location and then start watching.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Let me know, I'll take the ride any time... oh, well, actually I'm supposed to have some guys over around the first of the month to do some major, long-needed kitchen repair/remodeling work, which is supposed to take about 3 days.

Anyway, keep me in mind, I'll take a ride as long as it's not on a day this work is being done.
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

If, for some reason you can't make it, I'll make sure to get some for you this year

Thanks. Would love to go, to see what the trees look like, but I'll take what I can get. Bought some fresh figs last week at whole foods... underwhelmed, again. Read an article about how they have to ripen on the tree, that's why getting locally grown figs would be so great.
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

Never tasted one, Deb, I'd like to if u can spare one.
    celeste

Cherish home and family as a special treasure.

Mine are pretty much gone Deb. The squirrels had more than their fair share. Even found a possum out munching on them one night. Beware the squirrels. I am pretty sure they climb the tree and knock or shake them off just before they are perfectly ripe. Mine are actually pretty cute. There is a big flat rock right at the base of the tree that they use for a table. Some days I find one half finished, then they polish it off that night. Big old pile of seeds around the rock.

OH NO ! I'll try to get out there tomorrow and see what shape they're in. Dang - thought I had plenty of time

Quote Originally Posted by DaBee View Post
    OH NO ! I'll try to get out there tomorrow and see what shape they're in. Dang - thought I had plenty of time
    You'd better get yo'self over there and start puttin' 'em in the basket! (One of my most beloved childhood songs.)

Where I grew up we put 'em in our pockets, Lizzy. Always ran outta room though )

HEY RAY - my son said that he saw you in WM and you told him where to go get ripe paw paws, but he couldn't remember the name.

Where is it?!