Blueberries are at Blue Heaven in Springdale !!!

Thread: Blueberries are at Blue Heaven in Springdale !!!

over the troll bridge in the Land of Kings

Thumbs up Blueberries are at Blue Heaven in Springdale !!!

This is quoted from Facebook. Thanks, Kathryn for the good information!

Blueberries, blueberries, blueberries! Got 6 gallons at Blue Heaven Blueberry Farm in Springdale today. Here's a comparison: Blue Heaven charges $17.50/gal. Blueberries weigh 6 lbs per gallon, so we paid $2.92/lb. Persimmon Hill charges $4.55/lb. Cost of gas is about the same to and from both places, and both places don't use pesticides on their field berries (but after their field berries are gone, PH trucks them down from Minnesota, and those are sprayed). You're welcome.
    If you want to go to Blue Heaven, the directions are a little tricky. Mapquest is nearly unintelligible about this. Here it is: you get on 49 South and get off at Exit 76. Take a left off the exit, and then another immediate left (even though it looks like you're going back on the highway, you're not). Stay straight on that until you see the big blueberry and blackberry banners on the left and the sign for Blue Heaven. Take a left there and go straight back about 1/4 mile. It's a house on the left, with a sign that says blueberries. They sell them out of their garage.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~it's all about choices.

Did anyone happen to pick blueberries at Blue Heaven? I didn't - just wondered how they were.

Is it just me or the larger bbs less flavorful and juicy than the smaller ones. The reason I ask is that I've purchased now twice some wild, organic bbs from Vital Choice. They are much smaller than what you usually see in the store and expensive but the flavor surpasses, by far, any other source I've ever eaten.

I've not had the pleasure of that comparative analysis ~

Just got back from picking at Persimmon Hill. The big Chandler variety are ready and plentiful. Picked 5.8 lb in about an hour, I'm not very fast, paid 3.45 per lb for those and $22.25 which is 4.45 per lb. In past years, they've brought in blueberries from Michigan once the local berries are gone.

I might have tried going to the other place mentioned here but the direction were seriously lacking to say the least.