figs

Thread: figs

Default figs

Looks like my fig made it thru winter withour kill back....Starting to leave out at the tips...Might get figs this year...YEH

Pinnacle Mountain, Western Madison County

I would be scared if my figs started to leave, have you tried bungee cords or Gorilla tape, perhaps plumbers strap and masonry nails? Or get to the root of the problem with fig counseling?
    sorry...

Wink

FIGS!!!

If it fruits, I will buy any you might be willing to sell, even just a handful. I'm begging. I have no shame.
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

IV, You are on my "A" list.

Now about those figs.......
    I be looking for fig leaves.
    A gardening experiment.

Are exposed buttocks subject
    to arrest?

Went to pick blackberries and noticed a couple ripe figs....munched them standing there. To hot to stand, got to mix up some sugar water for the bees. One hive is doing great..Mean little suckers...Other two needs help..... feeding.

Are you willing to sell som of those figs?
    Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. ~ Steven Weinberg

If they keep growing might have a bunch this fall

Well the fig bush has grown a bunch...Probably 15 foot tall and 15 foot around lots of green figs.....Maybe iin the fall might get some

Cool Bet You Didn't Know...

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/love-the-fig

All kinds of critters, not only humans, frequent fig trees, but the plants owe their existence to what may be evolutionís most intimate partnership between two species. Because a fig is actually a ball of flowers, it requires pollination, but because the flowers are sealed, not just any bug can crawl inside. That task belongs to a minuscule insect known as the fig wasp, whose life cycle is intertwined with the figís. Mother wasps lay their eggs in an unripe fig. After their offspring hatch and mature, the males mate and then chew a tunnel to the surface, dying when their task is complete. The females follow and take flight, riding the winds until they smell another fig tree. (One species of wasp, in Africa, travels ten times farther than any other known pollinator.) When the insects discover the right specimen, they go inside and deposit the pollen from their birthplace. Then the females lay new eggs, and the cycle begins again. For the wasp mother, however, devotion to the fig plant soon turns tragic. A figís entranceway is booby-trapped to destroy her wings, so that she can never visit another plant. When you eat a dried fig, youíre probably chewing fig-wasp mummies, too.
    Very interesting article. Glad I don't care for them dried.